Re: Smooth Graphs in GtkDatabox

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 05:53:31PM -0400, Brian Phelps wrote:
> I don't know the specifics of linking to GPLv3 code, but apparently
> this project can not link to the gsl_interpolate library without
> changing the project's license, so it would have to be an option.
>
> If anyone knows how to make this an option in the configure script to
> automatically change the license from LGPL to GPL please let me know.
>
> Or if anyone is aware of an LGPL licensed interpolate library then let
> me know so I don't have to worry about this.

In short: if you decide to use GSL, it is more worry for the end users
of gtkdatabox then for you. You don't have to change the license of
gtkdatabox but if you *use* GSL functions in the gtkdatabox the *end user*
would have to link his code with GSL.

What I was talking about is to make interpolation support optional,
with (de)activation via configure --(dis)enable-interpolation.

As for the less copyleft interpolation libraries, I would look at netlib.org,
however most of the code there is in fortran :(

I search for such a library too, if don't find one youself, or
which type of interpolation are you planning to implement?
It is possible to implement one internally.

Alexey.