Re: strange behavior...

Hi Zeev,

the message is given, if the vertical or horizontal latitude of your the limits you set is zero. In such a case, the widget cannot reasonably derive pixel coordinates from data values (maybe it could perform an educated guess, but that is not implemented today).

Thus, if you start with a line, you should use gtk_databox_set_total_limits instead of ...auto_rescale.

Regards,

Roland

z pekar gmail com wrote:
Hi All,
I have recently integrated gtkdatabox into my application and have
following error message as long as the graph that I draw is a line (it
is also not displayed):
CRITICAL **: gtk_databox_set_total_limits: assertion `left != right &&
top != bottom' failed
only after it becomes a curve it starts being displayed and the error
disappears. ( I use following code to display the graphs):

			graph = gtk_databox_lines_new (recordsNum,
											s->getParameters()->getThermosensor(i)->getTimeArray(),
											s->getParameters()->getThermosensor(i)->getTemperatureArray(),
											&color, 1);
			gtk_databox_graph_add (GTK_DATABOX
(s->getGui()->simulationPage.dataBoxThermosensor), graph);
			gtk_databox_auto_rescale (GTK_DATABOX
(s->getGui()->simulationPage.dataBoxThermosensor), 1);

furthermore : gtk_databox_graph_remove_all doesn't seem to always work...
I run a heavy computation in a separate thread(all the changes to gui
happen in main thread using g_idle_add and a callback function) that
uses 100% of CPU - could this fact cause the above mentioned problems?

thank you in advance
Zeev Pekar