Re: [gtk-win32] Updating a progress bar from a worker thread

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Emmas"

the GUI elements seem to be getting created and initialized successfully.
It's only the updates that don't seem to be working properly....  :-(

I found the answer in a textbook!!  After updating the progress bar I needed
to add these two lines to my loop:-

     while (gtk_events_pending())
           gtk_main_iteration();

However -  because I'm using a signal to initiate the updates, I could
either put those lines in my worker thread - or alternatively, in the signal
handler (which is in the main GUI thread).  Please can someone tell me
if either of those places is preferable to the other?

Thanks,

John