Re: [gtk-win32] ANNOUCEMENT GIMP VS Gimp Visual 2005 version

2007/11/20, Pierre Barthe <pierre rf barthe gmail com>:
Thanks for interest

>This is an extraordinary work, keep it up!

>Do you think that we can somehow automate the build process somehow to
>provide gtk releases with your work?

The build process is being automated here - a machine is building the VS
2008 releases right now
with less and less "human intervention" and the move to CCNET is planned (we
have other projects
using ccnet sucessfully - this one needs special care - )

VS 2008 releases will be available within 1-2 hours
GTK - 3D takes over thisproject to integrate major Opensource Engines with
GTK
using gtkglext as a base implementation :
a test screen shot is available at
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=210652

Pierre Barthe

Cool indeed!

We are looking forward to improve the developer experience on windows, we've been playing around with .msi/.msm installers for the runtime environment but we haven't got to a clean solution, mainly because pratty much anyone have a strong windows development experience around.

We would like to be able to automate the build process (ala jhbuild) so any windows user can setup a development enviroment and reproduce the procedure, would you give us a hand to get your work to mainstream and to document the procedure to achieve this?

Another random questions:

Is there any need other than Windows + VS 2008 in your toolchain?
Is it possible to get the compilers for free without the IDE and perform what you are doing?
If I were a Windows developer, which would be the better way to provide a Gtk development release so they can use it in VS, Eclipse or whatever?

--
Cheers,
Alberto Ruiz