Rotate display of remote screen

Hi,

for an admittedly very specific application I wrote a patch that
adds an option to the "View" menu in gvncviewer to rotate the remote
screen. See
https://github.com/pl-semiotics/rM-vnc-server/issues/3#issuecomment-841676205
and the patch
https://github.com/pl-semiotics/rM-vnc-server/files/6487612/add_rotation_to_gtk-vnc-1.2.0.txt

Is there any possibility that such a "Rotate view" is implemented
upstreams? The application mentioned above is a paper ink tablet,
remarkable 2 (www.remarkable.com). With a third party vnc-server and a
vnc-client this device can be used as an graphics input tablet.

I did not find any vnc client that allows rotation of the remote
screen. Hence, rotation might be a unique feature, but then, I am
not sure whether such a feature would be of wider use.

Yours,

Thomas