Re: unable to use keymap in virt-viewer

On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 07:51:50PM -0800, sunq1 via gtk-vnc-list wrote:
I am using virt-viewer to connect the VM , my computer’s operating system is MacOS. When I connect the VM
successfully, I
cannot use the keymap, and the console prints the following message:
Unsupported GDK Windowing platform.
Disabling extended keycode tables.
Please report to gtk-vnc-list gnome org
including the following information:

 - Operating system
 - GDK Windowing system build

And when I use the keymap, the console prints:
(remote-viewer:539): GSpice-CRITICAL **: 20:43:31.838: send_key: assertion 'scancode != 0' failed

My operating system is Mac OS 10.14.6,the vm’s operating system is centos
7.the GDK Windowing system?it seems quartz,but i am not very sure, i
don’t know type what command to get the GDK Windowing system.

On Mac OS I would expect it to be Quartz, with a small possibility of X11.
Neither of those cases should result in that error message on the console
though, as we have support for both of those windowing platforms.

Could you confirm what version of GTK-VNC you have ? I'm assuming it
is v0.9.0 ?

Could you run virt-viewer with --gtk-vnc-debug just in case.

Regards,
Daniel