Re: color depth change

Em Qua, 2009-09-30 às 14:40 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange escreveu:

> One further thought occurrs to me - the enum of possible depth values has
> the first member as
>
>    VNC_DISPLAY_DEPTH_COLOR_FULL = 0,
>
> So no matter what the VNC server is configured todo, we will request full
> colour. I think its probably a good idea if our default setting is in
> fact to just use the server's preferred format.
>
> We could do this quite easily with your patch by inserting a new value
>
>   VNC_DISPLAY_DEPTH_COLOR_DEFAULT = 0
>
> as the first elememt in the enum and in the method
>
>    gboolean on_get_preferred_pixel_format()
>
> in the switch statement case for the VNC_DISPLAY_DEPTH_COLOR_DEFAULT simply
> do not update any of the fields in 'fmt' - which leaves them initialized to
> the server's default values.
>
> Thus by default we'd get the server's preferred  format, but we can still
> also explicitly override it to full/medium/low/ultralow.

The problem here is that we do not support anything but true color.
That's why we had on_get_preferred_format() in first place, so that we
change the format to true color, which we can handle.

So, what do you suggest to do in such cases? Force it to FULL COLOR
(just as we do today)?

Cheers,
--
Jonh Wendell