Re: PATCH: Fix "invisible wall" problem with relative mouse mode

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 09:01:26AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 08:50:19AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> >
> >In this context, x & y are refering to the pointer position relative to
> >the root window, since they're initialized from
> >
> >	int x = (int)motion->x_root;
> >	int y = (int)motion->y_root;
> >

> >>If we just changed it to use the window width/height, shouldn't that
> >>also fix the problem?
> >>

> >If we also changed x & y to be the window-relative instead of root-relative
> >coords, then yes, that'd probably work too.
> >

> Okay, either way is fine to me.  I now understand what the problem and
> the possible fixes are so I feel better :-)

Thanks, I pushed this patch as is. Changing it to do the warping within
the boundaries of the widget would have been more changes, because we
were messing with the motion->x, motion->y fields within the method

Daniel
--
|: http://berrange.com/     -o-    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|
|: http://freshmeat.net/~danielpb/    -o-   http://gtk-vnc.sourceforge.net :|