Re: gvncviewer improvement - input grab problems

2009/8/21 Daniel P. Berrange <dan berrange com>:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:04:02PM +0200, Michal Suchanek wrote:

>> > Is it also possible to turn off this feature?
>> >

>> It's possible with this patch (applies on top of the previous three -
>> specifically the menu item is required).
>>
>> It works for me at least for booting grub.
>
> I still don't think this is a good approach. Toggling the key grab is fine,
> but not the mouse grab. If operating in relative mouse mode we should always
> honour the mouse grab key sequence.
>
> I'm assuming you want to disable this because Ctrl-Alt clashes with a
> sequence you use on the host. In which case we'd be better off making
> the grab sequence configuration in some way. eg, allow the app to provide
> a pair, or triple of GDK keysyms to be used for grabs.

It's not as simple as that.

Firstly I only use absolute mouse or no mouse at all, and I do not see
mouse grabbed except by this key combination. It clearly gets in my
way and provides no benefit for my configuration. The key combination
clashes in the sense that I might want to press Ctrl+Alt+some other
key (most often Delete) which toggles the grab and locks me inside the
viewer.

Secondly providing two keysyms would not suffice to detect the
combination in the way it is done currently. It is checked by reading
the modifier mask and comparing the keysym. If the modifier mask
contains one of the keys and the pressed keysym is the other the
feature is activated.

Thanks

Michal