Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] color depth selection

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 5:32 AM, Jonh Wendell <jwendell gnome org> wrote:
> Em Ter, 2008-10-07 às 15:02 -0600, Eric Anopolsky escreveu:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wrote an email to this list a while ago about adding color
>> depth/encoding selection to gtk-vnc. Did it not get through? Or were
>> there no opinions on the right way to do this?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Eric
>>

> Hi. Currently you can't choose color depth or encoding in gtk-vnc. I was
> working on it, but stopped due to lack of time. Hopefully will restart
> my work soon, unless you or someone tell me that are working on a patch.

I may if it's not too far over my head. I'm getting pretty tired of
running UltraVNC in wine every day.

Do you have any ideas about the right way to do this? The author of
vinagre suggested reducing the number of choices presented to the
application by the library as a way of reducing the number of choices
presented to the user by the application. I tend to agree with this.

Also, do you have any code you're willing to share even if it's incomplete?

Cheers,
Eric