[gtk-vnc-devel] Thoughts about widgets

Hi, folks.

I was wondering why vncdisplay widget destroys itself. Isn't up to the
container destroy its children?

Some notes:

In sample program gvncviewer, the finalize method is never executed:
Requesting that VNC close
Requesting graceful shutdown of connection
Waking up couroutine to shutdown gracefully
Aborting message processing on error
Doing final VNC cleanup

In vinagre, destroy() is called twice, and finalize() is executed:
Requesting that VNC close
Requesting graceful shutdown of connection
Waking up couroutine to shutdown gracefully
Aborting message processing on error
Doing final VNC cleanup
Requesting that VNC close
Releasing VNC widget

But this only happens when I close the connection (close the tab)
manually. In this case I call gtk_notebook_remove_page() which destroys
all children objects.

If I quit the application with a connection opened, its behavior is the
same as gvncviewer (destroy() is called once and finalize() none).

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks,
--
Jonh Wendell