Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] Scaling down

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 09:33:49PM -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
Is it too hard to make gtk-vnc do scaling down? I know nothing about
opengl... but I can try...

The GL bit probably already works. I believe what will stop it is the
GTK sizing logic. We call set_size_request() IIRC which GTK will honour
as the minimum allowed size of the widget when laying out the window.

When scaling is enabled, it stops doing set_size_request()s. For thumb-nail scaling, I would set_size_request() manually.

I've tested smaller scaling, it works very well and is also a very neat demo. The mouse even works as you would expect it too :-)

It'll happily give it extra space (hence scaling up) but will not want
to give it less. The GTK sizing logic is confusing as hell to me so I
can't suggest any definite solution, other than to play around with it
and try and find something which works.

The GTK sizing stuff is very bizarre. I've fought with it a lot. I'm not sure there's an ideal way to deal with it other than doing set_size_request.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,
Daniel.