Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] crash in coroutine

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 03:10:47PM -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
> Ths bug itself happens when it cannot resolve hostname, closing the
> connection. I don't have any clue on what's happening, because i don't
> even know what coroutine is :( (BTW, what it is?)

To put it simply, a coroutine is a function that instead of simply
returning a result and forgetting its state, "yields" a result. On
subsequent calls to the function, it continues where it left off.

In python, you can for instance do:

def fibonacci():
  a = 1
  b = 0
  while true:
    yield a
    b += a
    yield b
    a += b

Which is a crude example of a coroutine.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Server Team