Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] Regression tests

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
Have you ever discussed having regression tests for Gtk-VNC? I've been able to provoke at least one segfault with a test program (program + patch coming up). I wonder if we should keep such test programs around to test for regressions?

It's funny you post this now as last night I was just thinking about this. I was particularly interested in ensure we don't keep breaking mixed endian support.

My thinking was to write a client and server in the same application. Generate a fake frame buffer, then use every possible encoding to transmit it to the client. Then compare the client and server's version of the frame buffer.

We'll have to write a custom server but it will be easy enough using coroutines.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Rich.