Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] Experimental browser plugin using gtk-vnc

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 07:05:10PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
This is an experimental browser plugin, which uses the Gtk-VNC widget to embed a VNC viewer inside a web browser:

  http://www.annexia.org/tmp/gtk-vnc-plugin-0.0.2.tar.gz

Obligatory screenshot: http://www.annexia.org/tmp/Screenshot-SeaMonkey.png

Wow.  I never would have dreamed of this :-)

It makes quite a bit of sense though. gtk-vnc would be considerably more usable than the various Java VNC clients especially for building a web-based management application for virtualization. I really like this a lot.

Please read the README file carefully!

This code is just for discussion. If the Gtk-VNC developers are interested, I'd quite like to integrate this plugin into the main Gtk-VNC distribution rather than having to maintain a separate package. Perhaps it could go in examples/ or be given its own browser/ subdirectory?

Yeah, a browser/ or plugin/  directory sounds like a fine idea - probably
with a configure.ac  flag so people can turn it on/off depending on
whether they have neccessary mozilla (or equiv) header files. And then
stach it in a gtk-vnc-plugin  sub-RPM

Yeah, I think including it in the package is fine. We should probably split out the python bindings to a separate directory too. The important thing is that it's all well guarded by autoconf as I don't want to introduce a dependency on Mozilla :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Dan.