[gtk-vnc-devel] allow me to rephrase my previous question... mouse pointer motion from the server

In the past I had used gtk-vnc with hextile, because with tight the mouse pointer would stay in one place and never move unless it was moved on the client side. I need the mouse pointer to indicate the location of the cursor on the server. The reason for this, many of my clients do not hook up a monitor to their PCs, but will VNC to the PC to use it. They do, however, hook up a keyboard and mouse to the server since the client does not have a keyboard nor mouse attached. Unfortunately, I have recently found that the network bandwidth that VNC is to be assigned is not up to snuff for running hextile, I'll have to be using tight.

That having been said, I built the gvncviewer application without modification, and the pointer position does not indicate the server's pointer position. Does anybody know what needs to be done to fix this?

Thanks,

Rob Stoddard
Telanetix