Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] First patch

Em Qua, 2007-05-23 às 16:28 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange escreveu:
> On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 11:26:58AM -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
> > Hi, folks.
> >
> > I've made a simple patch to gtk-vnc, which:
> >
> > - Create two public get functions: get_width() and get_height()
> > - Create a vnc-connected signal, which is emitted when we connect into a
> > remote machine
>
> Can we rename that to be 'vnc-initialized'. Currently we pass in an already
> connected file handle for the socket, however, in the future we'll be able
> to pass in a hostname & port, and have the VNC widget manage the connection
> process. When that happens I'd like to use 'vnc-connected' to emit when
> the socket connects to the server, and then have 'vnc-initialized' to emit
> when protocol handshake completes.
>
> > I needed to create that signal because those properties (desktop name,
> > width and height) are only available when you connect (actually gvnc
> > struct is created inside connect() function)
>
> Yes, that makes sense - certainly for desktop name. For width & height
> though we should add a further signal 'vnc-desktop-resize' including
> the width & height as args to the signal, since the desktop can be resized
> at any time during the lifetime of the connection. Can still have your new
> get_width & get_height methods too, since they can be useful outside that
> context.
>
> Regards,
> Dan.

Ok, patch updated; i just renamed the signal.

It also got a little workaround to make it work with ultravnc (which
reports version 3.6 of rfb protocol)

This happened because i had to made this hack in order to test my
program :(

Bye,
--
Jonh Wendell
jonh wendell gmail com (MSN / Google Talk)

Linux User #114432
https://launchpad.net/~wendell