Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] Added RPM packaging & make python build optional

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 01:42:43PM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> > - Install vncdisplay.h into /usr/include/gtk-vnc-1.0/vncdisplay.h again
> >   using version dir for same reason as above
> >
> > - Rename the python module to be 'gtkvnc'
> >

> This is a good time to perhaps pick a better name?  We aren't really an
> official GTK project so I don't know if this is really proper.   Any
> thoughts?

I dunno really - thre's no existing GTK VNC client, so we're not hijacking
any name there & I'm not aware of any rules for GTK project names. We are
being used by John's official GNOME VNC viewer app, which makes us semi
official :-)

> >The changeset is in my staging tree here:
> >
> >http://hg.berrange.com/libraries/gtk-vnc--devel?cs=bf5526cf5160
> >
> >Any objections to pushing it to the main repo ?
> >

> I don't object to it.  I'm on travel/vacation for the next two weeks so
> I won't get to really look at it until I get back.

Ok, I've pushed that change along with a couple of further tidy ups

 - Clear up some compiler warnings
 - Use named constants for encoding values
 - Added example C & python viewer programs to demostrate API
 - Added in the code I wrote ages ago for connecting with name & port
   as well as file descriptor. NB, although 'connect' is done non-blocking
   the getaddrinfo() call for DNS name resolution may block. I need to
   figure out how todo use the async version of getaddrinfo if it is
   available.

Dan.