Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] auth patch

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 11:52:48PM -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
Hi folks.

Here is the initial draft for the authentication on gtk-vnc.
Well, i'd like to comment it here, but it's too late and i need to
sleep :)

Let's discuss it here, or, eventually on IRC.

I've spent much of this afternoon implementing a more advanced / flexible
callback based approach to requesting authentication info. With some funky
main loop integration with a custom GSource, there's no need to exit and
restart the co-routine while getting auth data. The co-routine simply
drops itself into a dormant state waiting for the app to supply neccessary
auth data. This has let me serve 3 different models for application
integration. The app can supply the auth data ahead of time - eg if they already have a password from the command line, or another data store. Or
the app can get a callback and set the auth data synchronously directly
from the callback. Or the app can get a callback, and go away and prompt
for the auth data from the user, and supply it back to the VNC widget
asynchronously. I've also knocked up 2 example apps, one in C, one in
python which use this & it works very effectively.

This sounds awesome!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

I need to do a few hours clean up of the code which I hacked around a
little bit, then I'll post the patches to the list

Regards,
Dan.