Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] PATCH: Clear areas outside of framebuffer region
- From: Anthony Liguori <anthony codemonkey ws>
- To: Jonh Wendell <jwendell gnome org>
- Cc: gtk-vnc-devel List <gtk-vnc-devel lists sourceforge net>
- Subject: Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] PATCH: Clear areas outside of framebuffer region
- Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:58:50 -0500
On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 15:19 -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
> Em Qua, 2007-08-22 às 17:52 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange escreveu:
> > If the GTK-VNC widget gets resized to be larger than the region taken up
> > by the remote framebuffer, the excess space just gets filled with random
> > garbage. This is seen in Vinagre if you hit "Full Screen"
> > The attached patch calls gdk_draw_rectangle to fill the excess space with
> > a solid colour (black). It uses a clip mask to ensure we don't clear the
> > space where the actual framebuffer is & thus avoids flickr that would entail.
> The patch worked fine to me.
> BTW, What do you think about putting the widget in the middle of area,
> instead of top left?
> And, when will we have scaling support? :) hehe
I've got an initial patch but it's not performing as well as I'd like it
to. I'll get to spend some time on it again post KVM forum.
] [Thread Prev