Re: mapping of Gtk3::main_iteration

On 17.05.21 08:34, Daniel Kasak wrote:
I was told*not*  to use this pattern - that it was
broken, and in particular would cause major issues under Wayland or
Broadway backends

Apart from my having made this error, my experience with event_pending is entirely positive. Using Mageia (Xfce) - hence, neither Wayland nor Broadway; "event_pending" behaves prefectly as it should.

The context is verifying the validity of a series of URLs; HEAD is iteratively called for each URL, using piped open to run it in its own process and thus avoiding that the GUI (Gtk) is paralysed while HEAD is running.

Juergen