Re: mapping of Gtk3::main_iteration

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 5:21 PM Juergen Harms via gtk-perl-list
<gtk-perl-list gnome org> wrote:

Hello,

When I run

if (Gtk3:::event_spending () ) { Gtk3->main_iteration (); }

Quick note. I had used this pattern ( or something similar ) in
various places to keep the GUI ticking over while waiting for
something to happen, and I commented in a gtk+ dev list about some
issue I was having. I was told *not* to use this pattern - that it was
broken, and in particular would cause major issues under Wayland or
Broadway backends. I later confirmed this. I guess if you're *only*
targeting X, it appears to work.

Dan