Re: How to implement custom interfaces in derived TreeModelSort ?

On 30.05.20 22:17, Gaëtan Frenoy wrote:
I was doing:

my $model_sort = MyTreeModelSort->new_with_model($model);

while you created your own constructor !

After I changed the above line with:

my $model_sort = MyTreeModelSort->new(model => $model);

all suddenly worked as expected...
(see attached for the complete code)

They key difference is that the latter ends up in Glib::Object::new,
which is responsible for setting up the magic that associates the
underlying object with your class on the Perl and C level.  If you call
new_with_model, this won't happen.  Also, simply reblessing in Perl is
not sufficient either, because that doesn't do the C side of the
association.

-Torsten