Glib threads in gtk-perl?

Hi
It was suggested that I look into using glib threads after posting theĀ  problem below to gtk-list

I keep getting method not found when I try to create threads using
Glib::ThreadPool->new or
Glib::Thread->new

Are g_threads not implemented?

Alternately any other ideas on the issue

thanks

Mike

Hi
I have a weird issue on an application I am developing

The application is fully tabbed and runs loops to transcode video files, and I would like to be able to run the main transcoding loop fully in parrellel, ie: the process running in one tab is totally seperate to that running in another tab

I have tried this on the key sub (simplified)

sub encode_loop {
my ($optsi,$prog,$ext,$action_
grid,$dvb,$type_g,$files,$video_type)=@_;
my $mainloop = Glib::MainLoop->new;
my $subname='encode';
Gtk3::main_iteration_do(0);

my $progrun=&run_cmd($files->{$
file_id},$opts,$prog,$ext,$subname,$action_grid,,0) ;#if $dvb!~/ogg/ ;
$mainloop->quit
return 1
}

However this is what happens.

I start one loop running, then open another tab and set another loop running.

For the first file every works fine.

Then however

When the first file finishes encoding, the loop stops until the second loop is finished.

AND

The second loop transcodes multiple files at the same time instead of sequentially. The number is equal to the number of loops running, ie: if two tabs are running the encode process, then two files are encoded simultaneously, tree tabs than three files