Re: installation on win10 64bit

Camelbox worked extremely well for me about 2 or 3 years ago. What
issues are you having with it? I can't comment on whether the project
is dead or not, but I assume most people have moved to gtk3. I have
some gtk3 windows binaries (
https://tesla.duckdns.org/gtk3-perl-windows/ ) from about 18 months
ago. I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to rebuild recently.

As for the recommended way of installing ... I get the impression that
there are a grand total of about 1 of us using gtk-perl on Windows at
any point in time ... aka "you're on your own". If you can make it
work, for the love of god, document it :)

I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have about missing
packages etc. Oh - re: the 32bit and 64bit stuff ... if my memory
serves me, it was basically impossible ( for me and some friends and
paid helpers ) to build a full 64bit stack on Windows. I don't
remember the details of why - but it was something low down in the gtk
dependencies that refused to build. If I were you, I'd hold my nose
and use the 32bit binaries if you can make them work.

I guess it's also worth pointing out that Microsoft supposedly have
good Linux app support via their 'bash for windows' thing. It might be
worth while attempting to go down that path? It wasn't an option for
me, as a corporate customer insisted on Windows 7. Oh ... and document
things! :)

Dan