Re: Dynamically proxy broadway traffic

Thanks :) Yes the plan was to deploy an ETL framework's UI via this
method. We currently distribute a bunch of software via installers
that cover Ubuntu and CentOS, but users have to use either VNC or run
a local X server. Our users are currently "somewhat" comfortable with
how it all works currently ( no broadway yet ). The only issue I've
had with broadway is one I posted about in the gtk+ list - calling
Gtk3::main_iteration while ( Gtk3::events_pending ) - which apparently
causes a busy loop in broadway. So I'm having to go back and rewrite
some parts by using forking and IPC, which isn't quite as painful as
it sounds. Anyway, we're about to do our first client engagement using
broadway, so fingers crossed :) We obviously have a quick fallback to
VNC if we need it. We're lucky in that all our users are in-house at
this point, though the long-term plan is for us to license this to
clients for them to use themselves. Anecdotally, I've had positive
comments in demos I've done to in-house people. Personally I'm pretty
happy running VNC, but I admit that being able to deliver via a
browser does come across as more impressive.

Dan