Differences between Gtk2::SimpleList and Gtk2::Ex::Simple::List

Hi there,

I am wondering what're the differences between those two modules apart
from the fact that Gtk2::SimpleList is deprecated in favor of
Gtk2::Ex::Simple::List?

I've googled around but found nothing told me the reasons...
Would be great if someone can explain it (or give me a link).

Another question I have is, is it possible to use Gtk2::SimpleList to
create a treeview? This is only interesting if it's not a problem to
use Gtk2::SimpleList in new code ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

--
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."   --
Albert Einstein