Re: Gtk3 on Windows

I've just uploaded another build. This one has some more icon-related packages, fixing the missing icons in combo boxes and some buttons.

http://tesla.duckdns.org/downloads/strawberry-5.20.1-gtk-3.14.3-v1.0.zip

Dan

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 8:06 AM, Daniel Kasak <d j kasak dk gmail com> wrote:
Hi all.

As I mentioned previously, I was interested in posting a bounty to "make stuff compile" on Windows. I've done this, and the developer has given me binaries, patches, and detailed build instructions :)

So now I'm happy to announce the 1st version of Gtk3-Perl support on Windows. It's based on the latest version of Strawberry Perl & Gtk-3.14.3, and has a bunch of other things I needed built which I knew would be difficult ( DBD::ODBC ). A 150MB binary is available at: http://tesla.duckdns.org/downloads/Strawberry-5.20.1-gtk3.tar.bz2

There are a couple of visual issues. Lots of icons don't render ( using stock names ), but *some* do. There is even a 'broken icon' thing for the little arrow in combo boxes, which looks bad. Also the default Gtk3 theme which is now included across all platforms and which I was getting excited about doesn't really look the same as on Linux. It's on off-colour which I'm "not so excited" about, and things ... hmmm ... it's hard to describe ... but it's not the same as on Linux. Anyway I assume most these things are relatively easily fixable - I'm just throwing it out there in case someone can immediately say "oh yeah this is because of xyz".

As time permits, I'll upload his very good documentation, and everything else involved. At this point, I'm concentrating on repeating his process, so we can continue to build later versions.

If people want to test and report issues back to the list, the guy has offered to support any build-related issues for a reasonable period of time.

Dan