Re: advice needed for spinner

Your sample code uses Parallel::ForkManager, and uses the
wait_all_children method to wait for the children to end processing.
From the Parallel::ForkManager docs:

-begin quote-

wait_all_children

You can call this method to wait for all the processes which have been
forked. This is a blocking wait.

-end quote-

So you are calling a method that says it will block, hence your demo
script is blocking.

Instead of using "wait_all_children" (which blocks), I would look at
using the "run_on_finish" callback method instead, and make the call
to stop the spinner from that callback method.

Thanks,

Brian