advice needed for spinner

Dear gurus,

I've been trying let a spinner spins at the same time sending an email by forking and failing. Although a program forks, and one child process suppose to spin the spinner while other sends email, the spinner does not spin until the email is completely sent. How does you all usually handle this spinner thingy??? Am i on a right path??

I attached my test case. You need to add SMTP host name, your email address, and password.

Thank you.

Tsuyoshi