Re: Next release deadline: Saturday, March 22nd 2014 at 00:00 UTC

(pardons if this mail comes out disjointed, I'm not subscribed to the ML so I don't actually have an actual mail to reply to)

Would be fantastic if this ticket could get a pair of eyes on for the next release: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=92699

It basically adds Android support to ExtUtils::Depends.

ExtUtils::Depends is currently one of the two important "blockers" to setting up Android smokers for CPAN[0][1], which is why it's somewhat pressing to get this fixed before the next stable release of Perl -- smoking CPAN, even if manually, has turned up several bugs in the port, so you can imagine why I'm interested in automating the task :D

[0] In the sense that several modules just won't build without the module being patched
[1] For the curious, the other is Net:;SSLeay. That being said, note that this is based entirely on my impressions from manually smoking CPAN, and so should not be considered empirical under any circumstance.