SpinButton in Gtk3

Hi all.

I've posted to the gtk list, but go no responses :/

I'm trying to use a SpinButton. They seem to have changed in Gtk3? I'm using Glade to define the UI. I place a spinbutton in my window, and click the 'edit'-looking button in the 'Adjustment' attribute, and create an adjustment. I enter a max value for the adjustment. That should be about it, right? When I test the window, the spinbutton doesn't accept any value other than 0. If I enter anything else - it changes back to 0 when I finish editing. Also the buttons to alter the value are insensitive.

What am I missing?

Dan