Re: Upgrade of the Sourceforge-hosted gtk2-perl project

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 11:30 PM, Brian Manning <cpan xaoc org> wrote:
Hi all,

At some point in the future, the gtk2-perl project that's hosted on
Sourceforge [1] will be upgraded to a new Sourceforge-provided
platform.

Okay, I think I have this worked out, so I will be performing the
upgrade on Sunday, January 13th, at noon Pacific Standard Time.

This upgrade only affects the project's public web page [2] and
project listing [1], both of which are hosted at Sourceforge, and
possibly the "File Release" tarballs, also hosted on Sourceforge.  No
other services (such as tarballs hosted on CPAN, Metacpan,
git.gnome.org, etc.) are involved.  The amount of complete downtime
will probably be under 5 minutes, however, there may be some breakage
of the public web page [2] (see next paragraph).

Once I migrate the project, I will need to fix the hosted page on the
Sourceforge site [2] so the news feed RSS tool that's built into it
points to the correct place.

For any other Sourceforge admins out there, things will look a bit
different in the Project Admin pages, and the "News" tool will now be
called the "Blog" tool, although you can change the name of the tool
under the virtual host from 'blog' to 'news' I guess.  I'll know more
after I start the upgrade process.

Once again, possible downtime for Sourceforge resources for the
gtk2-perl project, Sunday January 13th at noon PST.

Thanks,

Brian

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk2-perl/
[2] http://gtk2-perl.sf.net