Re: Gtk3 bindings on Windows // HTML5 backend

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Daniel Kasak <d j kasak dk gmail com> wrote:
I'm now at a point where I can completely move to Gtk3, on Linux.
Unfortunately most people who use my software continue to use Windows. I see
there are binary installers now for Windows (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk372andgtkmm360forwindows/ ). I guess
things won't be quite that easy for the bindings? Or maybe I'm in luck? Has
anyone built the Gtk3 bindings on Windows? Where would I start if I were to
do it myself? Does the guide for building Gtk2 bindings for Windows still
apply?

As far as GTK+3 libs for Windows, someone (I think Emmanuele Bassi)
posted this into the IRC channel:

http://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2013/10/28/gtk-3-on-windows/

If you are referring to this guide [1] for building Gtk2 on Windows,
note that those instructions use Visual C++, not MinGW.

When I built the Gtk2 module (and friends), I used MinGW.  If you want
to try to follow my (very old now) instructions, you can start at [2].
 Note that there's now two different MinGW projects, and I haven't
tried either, so they may both work, or not.  It's been a while since
I tried to build Gtk2 and friends on Windows, so I'm not sure what the
state of the art is anymore.

Thanks,

Brian

[1] http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/win32/howto_build_gtk2perl_win32.html