Re: Gtk3 installation issues with Glib-Object-Introspection-0.015

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 8:43 PM, Gabor Szabo <gabor szabgab com> wrote:
Hi,

I also tried to install Gtk3 (perl 5.18.0 on Ubuntu) and I got stuck with
Glib-Object-Introspection-0.015:

Package gobject-introspection-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gobject-introspection-1.0.pc'
No package 'gobject-introspection-1.0' found

but  I've just installed gobject-introspection and when I check it:

*.pc files are usually in a -dev package, because you only need them
when compiling things.

Searching http://packages.ubuntu.com for
'gobject-introspection-1.0.pc' tells me it's located in
libgirepository1.0-dev.

I also tried:
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/gobject-introspection/giscanner/

Close... Debian/Ubuntu usually puts *.pc files into
/usr/lib/pkgconfig, I think this is where most libraries that look for
*.pc files will check first.  You would only need PKG_CONFIG_PATH if
you compiled a library into /usr/local/lib or /opt/local/lib for
example.

If something you are trying to compile is not working and complaining
about missing *.pc files, then manually double-check for the *.pc file
in /usr/lib/pkgconfig and install/re-install the -dev package it comes
from if the file is not physically there.

Thanks,

Brian