Re: combobox "set_wrap_width" method

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 17:31:58 +0200
Juergen Harms <Juergen Harms unige ch> wrote:

I have understood that the "set_wrap_width" method of comboboxes (with a
value > 1) should display items in an array rather than a list. Very
useful if you have a largish number of items to offer for choice.

On my Mageia platform (gtk2) this does not work: with all arguments > 2
the items of the combobox remain displayed in a single column. Is this a
problem that is specific to Mageia and does it work elsewhere? or is
this a general problem of (perl)-gtk2?

For reference:
http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/gtk2-perl-study-guide/c4506.html
and
http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/gtk2-perl-study-guide/sample_programs/gtk2_combo_box_wrap.pl

The second URL is a short demo, its resulting display is shown in the
first one (and correctly displays an array). Trying the code of the demo
application, I get a single-column display on my distro.

Juergen

Hi,
It works as expected on Slackware Linux with gtk+-2.24.5, which I believe
is the last of the gtk2 versions, before the shift to gtk3.

zentara