combobox "set_wrap_width" method

I have understood that the "set_wrap_width" method of comboboxes (with a value > 1) should display items in an array rather than a list. Very useful if you have a largish number of items to offer for choice.

On my Mageia platform (gtk2) this does not work: with all arguments > 2 the items of the combobox remain displayed in a single column. Is this a problem that is specific to Mageia and does it work elsewhere? or is this a general problem of (perl)-gtk2?

For reference:

The second URL is a short demo, its resulting display is shown in the first one (and correctly displays an array). Trying the code of the demo application, I get a single-column display on my distro.