Re: Installing perl-Gtk3 under OS X

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:21 AM, Emmanuel Rodriguez
<emmanuel rodriguez gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 23:30, Alejandro Imass <ait p2ee org> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Emmanuel Rodriguez
<emmanuel rodriguez gmail com> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 21:03, Alejandro Imass <ait p2ee org> wrote:
[...]

This is exactly what I did yesterday but I didn't had the time to
email my results. I know have perl-Gtk3 working under OS X :) Here's
what I did:

First install MacPorts, i followed the instructions from their web
site [1] and I downloaded the dmg installer and executed:

sudo port -v selfupdate

The set your environment properly, add this to your shell and your
~/.bash_profile

export PATH="/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH"
export MANPATH="/opt/local/share/man:$MANPATH"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib
export GI_TYPELIB_PATH=/opt/local/lib/girepository-1.0

If you change your default ports folder you're on your own and you
should be able to figure out what to change (replace /opt/local with
your port's installation folder).

Yeah, /opt/local is the correct path for non-native stuff on Mac OS X

Thanks for posting the solution and following up. I would like to add
that I believe it's a good idea that you use the Perl from MacPorts
now and leave the system Perl alone. This way you can upgrade Perl,
install/modify stuff like mod_perl, use threads or whatever you want
to without affecting MacOS X Perl.

--
Alejandro Imass