Re: Interest in GIO bindings?

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 6:44 AM, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
Is there interest in GIO bindings?  Would someone be willing to maintain GIO
bindings?

The API docs are at <http://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/>.  In
particular, GIO includes nice API to use dbus.

There's a rough start on Glib::Object::Introspection-based bindings at
<http://git.gnome.org/browse/perl-Glib-IO/>.  I suspect that most of the API
should be handled just fine by G:O:I.  What is needed is testing and
packaging, and finding the corner cases that need overrides or maybe new
code in G:O:I.  I'd be glad to help with anything that involves changes to
G:O:I.

Using the bindings sounds good, and I could help test and write a
little (not ownership though).

Thanks,
Dave M