Interest in GIO bindings?

Is there interest in GIO bindings? Would someone be willing to maintain GIO bindings?

The API docs are at <http://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/>. In particular, GIO includes nice API to use dbus.

There's a rough start on Glib::Object::Introspection-based bindings at <http://git.gnome.org/browse/perl-Glib-IO/>. I suspect that most of the API should be handled just fine by G:O:I. What is needed is testing and packaging, and finding the corner cases that need overrides or maybe new code in G:O:I. I'd be glad to help with anything that involves changes to G:O:I.