Re: Glib-2.32.x and threading

On 2012/06/30 at 01:12 PM, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
On 14.06.2012 14:21, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
The C threads example from the GTK+ FAQ works fine, so it seems to be
an issue with Gtk2-Perl and later glib's.

Are you referring to this one?
<http://developer.gnome.org/gtk-faq/stable/x481.html>

Yep.

Any insight or suggestions to try to track it down will be
appreciated.

Do you have a small example Perl program that reproduces the problem?

I will get back on this one, as I think its due to the threading changes in 2.31+ for
Win32.

Basically above C example actually also locks up if you move the window. I have
had issues to try and debug it, as GDB do not give insightful backtraces. I have
build a stack with VS2010 and from that with the C example at least it looks like
its a deadlock with the GDK lock (at least on Win7 with the new api's being used
for glib's thread/mutex support - will look at what the code does on WinXP
tomorrow).

Regards,
Martin

Vrywaringsklousule / Disclaimer:  http://www.nwu.ac.za/it/gov-man/disclaimer.html