Re: Goo::Canvas versus Gnome2::Canvas

Thanks very much for the responses. Goo::Canvas it is.

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 3:47 AM, zentara <zzmiloschxx gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 23:33:47 +1100
Zettai Muri <zettaimuri gmail com> wrote:

Could someone tell me which of the ::Canvas types I should be using in
a new program?

The Goo canvas is superior. It supports rotations, scalings, and all
sorts of advanced usage. See
for example.

In addition to what Dov said, I was informed the Goo canvas is fully
built on the Glib object inheritance model, whearas the Gnome2Canvas
is just a patchwork of code that works, but is not fully functional, within
the Gtk2/3 system.
It couldn't be fixed, so there was a rewrite of the Canvas from scratch.
The Gnome2Canvas will probably always work, but it's functionality is limited
and won't be developed anymore

gtk-perl-list mailing list
gtk-perl-list gnome org