Re: Gtk3 examples, demo, and man pages

On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 20:40:50 +0200
Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:

There's indeed no Perl-specific documentation yet, and I'm not inclined
to write it.  All the necessary information is available on
<http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/> and in the file
"<prefix>/share/gir-1.0/Gtk-3.0.gir".  A nice little project might be to
write a viewer for all the information in the *.gir files (which include
the actual documentation that ends up on developer.gnome.org).  It could
use Perl-specific syntax so people don't have to do the translation in
their head.

I see that the GObject Introspection Doctools at
https://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection/Doctools
says only C and Python are supported.

Does this mean for Perl, we would have to make an xml
parser, and convert Gtk-3.0.gir to a hash, then make a viewer
for it?

Will there ever be automatic doc generation for Perl-Gtk3 ?

Gtk2 had nice docs, but with no Perl docs for Gtk3, programming
will be a constant head-banging. :-)

0m,
zentara