Re: Announcing: Perl bindings for LibSoup

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 23:15, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
On 23.05.2011 09:56, Emmanuel Rodriguez wrote:

I'm starting by implementing the minimum by hand in order to support
my talk hoping that the introspection framework will be mature soon
and will take over my work.

It seems that Glib::Object::Introspection is already capable of handling a
reasonable portion of libsoup's API. ÂAttached is a simple HTTP response
printer.

Your sample code looks very promising. I'm not able to run any
introspection module on my computer. I tried to compile the latest
perl-Glib-Object-Introspection found on git and the unit tests fail:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/00-basic-types.t .. Can't load
'/home/emmanuel/Projects/perl-Glib-Object-Introspection/blib/arch/auto/Glib/Object/Introspection/Introspection.so'
for module Glib::Object::Introspection:
/home/emmanuel/Projects/perl-Glib-Object-Introspection/blib/arch/auto/Glib/Object/Introspection/Introspection.so:
undefined symbol: gperl_hv_take_sv at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/DynaLoader.pm
line 192.
 at ./t/inc/setup.pl line 1
Compilation failed in require at ./t/inc/setup.pl line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./t/inc/setup.pl line 1.
Compilation failed in require at t/00-basic-types.t line 3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/00-basic-types.t line 3.
t/00-basic-types.t .. Dubious, test returned 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
No subtests run

This is un VM running ubuntu 11.04 with all dependencies taking for
the official ubuntu repos and perl-Glib-Object-Introspection straight
from the git repo.

What should I do in order to have the introspection framework working?

I do have a question: which namespace should I use for the perl bindings?

As for names: since libsoup seems to be HTTP-centric, maybe HTTP::Soup or
HTTP::LibSoup.
Good suggestion, I already rushed into renaming to Glib::Soup. I'll do
it once more :)

--
Emmanuel Rodriguez