Re: GStreamer cairooverlay

On 03.05.2011 19:44, g.schlmm wrote:
i dont think GStreamer::Interfaces is the right place for doing this.
Would a Cairo-GObject package be the best? or including it right to the
Cairo package?

Yes, given that libcairo-gobject is a separate library shipped with libcairo, I think it would make sense to add a Cairo::GObject module to the Cairo distribution.

I actually set out to do just that, but I immediately hit a very familiar brick wall: thread safety. You see, cairooverlay emits its various signals (including "draw"), from a non-main thread. The Perl bindings (specifically, Glib) cannot deal with this currently. I tried resolving this issues multiple times in the past few years but haven't been able to come up with a solution. I'll try to have another go at it soon. But if anyone else wants to chip in, let me know, I'll happily explain all the details.