Re: Announcing: Perl bindings for LibSoup

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 23:51, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
On 25.05.2011 23:18, Emmanuel Rodriguez wrote:

Is there a way to provide custom made XS methods to an introspection
perl package? For instance, SoupMessageBody is defined as:

typedef struct {
   Âconst char *data;
   Âgoffset   length;
} SoupMessageBody;

And provides no accessor for data or length. Is there a way to
complete the introspection binding with extra XS methods?
If so do you know of an existing cpan package that does this?

Adding custom XS methods is no problem: just write them as you normally
would. ÂBut in the case you mention, that's not necessary.
gobject-introspection provides the means to get and set public fields of
boxed types.
How do we access public fields of boxed types?
I tried $body->data and $body->get_data without success.

--
Emmanuel Rodriguez