Re: Displaying a popup before the main window

Dave Howorth a écrit :
Nicolas Courtel wrote:

Hello,

As my program needs a few seconds to start, I would like to display a
popup to tell the user that it's working.
Looks pretty simple, but for some reason the popup shows up empty, and I
can't figure out what I've done wrong.

I would be grateful for any clue, here's a short example which shows the
problem.

There are various possible ways. The main problem with your version is
that you didn't process the events that occur when you try to show the
splash screen. The version below is one way to do it:

[...]
# Process the events so the show actually does something

Gtk2->main_iteration while Gtk2->events_pending;

[...]
Thanks for your help, this works fine.

I might not be safe gtk programming, but initializing my application after have started the gui, as Emmanuele suggested, doesn't look so easy, as I would need to do so without blocking the main loop.

--
Nicolas