Re: Spinning the main loop

For an example of how to use an additional thread and have it communicate with the mainloop thread see my example at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/gtk-app-devel-list gnome org/msg14213.html

This is the correct way of doing anything time consuming without interrupting the gui flow. There is no contradition to the setting of the busy state to disable widgets or changing cursors. But the you don't interrupt the GUI by delegating your work into a different threads.

Regards,
Dov