$widget->get_name() and gtk2-perl 1.220+

Hi,

I have a program using gtkbuilder and Glade3 which takes the names of the widgets (as seen in Glade) and builds a hash, with each key referencing the corresponding widget, ie

foreach ($builder->get_objects) {
    my $name;
    eval{ $name = $_->get_name(); };
    $gui{$name} = $_ if ($name);
}

This works as I expected (rightly or wrongly) with v1.203, however for v1.220+ the behaviour of $widget->get_name() has been intentionally changed and it no longer returns the name of the widget (according to Glade), except bizarrely, liststores and a few others. Is there equivalent an way of achieving this with V1.220+ without having to significantly rewrite my program? In other words, is there another method I can use which does much as the same as the old behaviour of $widget->get_name(). Thanks.

--
Ian Chapman.