Re: Unwrapped gtk+ API

On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 20:03 +0200, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:

        2.14
          GtkHSV

I wouldn't touch this; it's deprecated, and nobody should ever feel the
need to use such an ad hoc widget.

Is it really deprecated?  I can't find any mention of this on
<http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkHSV.html>.

I remember discussing its status in a gtk+ team meeting; it probably
fell through the cracks.

  While I
agree that most people are better off just using Gtk2::ColorSelection, I
still think there are valid use cases for Gtk2::HSV.  Creating a new
kind of color picker maybe, which does some things differently but still
involves an HSV color wheel.

I see the potential use case, but the truth is that nobody uses that
widget; as far as I can see on CodeSearch, people either copy-paste the
widget or just use the RGB â HSV conversion functions that it contains.

anyhow, if it's not deprecated bindings should expose it.

If anyone wants to tackle any of this, let me know.  I'd be glad to help.

I'll have a go - it's been far too long since I had time to work on
gtk-perl. :-)

Sweet, thanks a lot.

no problem :-)

ciao,